Think about it. Most probably, Trump is about to implement:
(1) hostility to free trade agreements of the past 30 years;As Trump’s policies are implemented, I predict US libertarians will go into meltdown.
(2) protectionism and tariffs;
(3) some kind of industrial policy;
(4) a wall with Mexico and a restrictive immigration policy that will lead to labour market protectionism in the US;
(5) massive infrastructure and military spending with tax cuts, which will lead to
(6) massive, massive government deficits and Keynesian stimulus.
Take the prominent libertarian blogger Bob Murphy. Remember Bob Murphy’s intense conspiracy theories about a proposed wall with Mexico?:
But, strangely, Bob seems to have forgotten his dire predictions of doom above and taken a weirdly agnostic view of Trump (correct me if I am wrong).
Come on, Bob. Where are your vitriolic tirades against Trump? Why aren’t you venting your spleen about the “evil” of Trump’s protectionism, Keynesian economics and the wall?
Realist Left on Facebook
Realist Left on Twitter @realistleft
Realist Left on Reddit
Realist Left Blog
Realist Left on YouTube
Lord Keynes on Facebook
Social Democracy for the 21st Century: A Realist Alternative to the Modern Left
Alt Left on the Internet:
Alternative Left on Facebook
Alt-Left on Google+
Samizdat Broadcasts YouTube Channel
Samizdat: For the Freedom Loving Leftist
I’m on Twitter:
Lord Keynes @Lord_Keynes2