Sunday, October 9, 2016

More WikiLeaks Clinton Emails

This one from a private speech she gave at a Goldman-Black Rock event in February 2014, in which she happily admits how out of touch she is:
“Hillary Clinton: “I'm Kind Of Far Removed” From The Struggles Of The Middle Class “Because The Life I've Lived And The Economic, You Know, Fortunes That My Husband And I Now Enjoy.” *“And I am not taking a position on any policy, but I do think there is a growing sense of anxiety and even anger in the country over the feeling that the game is rigged. And I never had that feeling when I was growing up. Never. I mean, were there really rich people, of course there were. My father loved to complain about big business and big government, but we had a solid middle class upbringing. We had good public schools. We had accessible health care. We had our little, you know, one-family house that, you know, he saved up his money, didn't believe in mortgages. So I lived that. And now, obviously, I'm kind of far removed because the life I've lived and the economic, you know, fortunes that my husband and I now enjoy, but I haven't forgotten it.” [Hillary Clinton Remarks at Goldman-Black Rock, 2/4/14]”
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927
We can see why the Bernie Sanders movement took her by surprise the next year.

At another speech at a Goldman Sachs AIMS Alternative Investments Symposium in 2013, she basically tells the financial elite that banks were unfairly blamed for the financial crisis of 2008:
“*Clinton Said That The Blame Placed On The United States Banking System For The Crisis “Could Have Been Avoided In Terms Of Both Misunderstanding And Really Politicizing What Happened.”* “That was one of the reasons that I started traveling in February of '09, so people could, you know, literally yell at me for the United States and our banking system causing this everywhere. Now, that's an oversimplification we know, but it was the conventional wisdom. And I think that there's a lot that could have been avoided in terms of both misunderstanding and really politicizing what happened with greater transparency, with greater openness on all sides, you know, what happened, how did it happen, how do we prevent it from happening? You guys help us figure it out and let's make sure that we do it right this time. And I think that everybody was desperately trying to fend off the worst effects institutionally, governmentally, and there just wasn't that opportunity to try to sort this out, and that came later.” [Goldman Sachs AIMS Alternative Investments Symposium, 10/24/13]
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927
Realist Left
Realist Left on Facebook
Realist Left on Twitter @realistleft
Realist Left on Reddit
Realist Left Blog
Realist Left on YouTube
Lord Keynes on Facebook
Social Democracy for the 21st Century: A Realist Alternative to the Modern Left

Alt Left on the Internet:
Alternative Left on Facebook
Alt-Left on Google+
Samizdat Broadcasts YouTube Channel
Samizdat: For the Freedom Loving Leftist

I’m on Twitter:
Lord Keynes @Lord_Keynes2
https://twitter.com/Lord_Keynes2

3 comments:

  1. Bring it. Bring out the dirt on ALL the mainstream candidates as far as I'm concerned. I haven't voted for a Major-Party nominee for POTUS since Dukakis. I would have voted for Ron Paul or Bernie Sanders if they had been nominated, they would both have been better than the alternative.

    Trump also has Mafioso connections going way back and is famously known to have said "Wages are too high" LOL Whatta Keynesian,eh?

    To hell with ALL of them, Vote Green Party: http://www.jill2016.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm listening to the 2nd Debate, and Trump just took the Neoliberal stance against Single Payer and "competition" will fix everything. And you have the hebee-jebees about Jill Stein because of borders? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the best of all the leaks: Hillary hates average Americans, according to her close collaborators. http://www.infowars.com/wikileaks-bombshell-hillary-clinton-hates-everyday-americans/

    ReplyDelete