(1) Marshall Auerback, “Worse than Hoover,” New Economic Perspectives, July 25, 2011.
This is a great little essay by Marshall Auerback on Herbert Hoover’s corporatism and limited, but woefully inadequate, government interventions from 1929–1933, and how Obama has never really been any sort of progressive on economics.
(2) Bill Mitchell, “3 Million Americans or so May Find out the Truth,” Billy Blog, July 26, 2011.
Bill Mitchell, “When Might That Be?” Billy Blog, July 21, 2011.
Some great links from Bill Mitchell on the debt ceiling fiasco.
(3) Paul Davidson, “Making Dollars and Sense Out Of The U.S. Government Debt,” Journal of Post Keynesian Economics 32 (2010).
Some much needed balance on the public debt and its significance from a leading Post Keynesian called Paul Davidson.
(4) James Galbraith, On Deficit Hysteria, Left Business Observer, July 23, 2011.
A good audio interview with James Galbraith on Doug Henwood’s Left Business Observer website (scroll down for various other formats of the interview).
(5) L. Randall Wray on the Debt Ceiling, 14 July 2011.
This is a short interview with Randall Wray on Russia Today, with some curious references to Ron Paul, the Fed’s toxic assets, and the limitations of monetary policy.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Some Miscellaneous Links
I’ll post below some interesting links I’ve seen recently: